Help New York City Young Athletes Compete Nationally and Internationally Today!
Inner City Handball Association (ICHA) is a 32 year old New York-based 501C3 non-profit charity that NYC young athletes join to become better athletes or just to learn more about the benefits of being involved in organized handball.
ICHA provides affordable handball tournaments and clinics for hundreds of young athletes every year. In addition, ICHA offers athletic club and academic scholarships to those athletes that excel academically and participate in community service projects.
Our mission is to encourage young people to build and strengthen their communities, creating their own positive role models for future generations to follow.
Your contribution helps us tremendously because it:
- Subsidizes and reduces entry fees for junior players in the ICHA sponsored tournaments:
Long Island Open Handball Championships, Junior Small Ball Nationals, Speakers Cup Handball Championships (formerly the Mayor's Cup), Junior Big Ball Championships
- Subsidizes travel expenses for NYC teen athletes to compete in local, regional, national, and world competitions. Team ICHA teen athletes have competed in international Handball Championships since 1993 in countries such as Ireland, England, Wales, Italy, Spain, and Canada just to name a few.
- Minimizes equipment costs to junior players. Handball gloves, balls, and eye guards can be a considerable expense to most teens. We make them available to all teens from all neighborhoods.
- Provides funding for citywide YMCA teen memberships to High School athletes to utilize the YMCA indoor handball facilities and experience the benefits of the YMCA.
- Awards handball scholarships ranging from $500 to $1000 to high school seniors who achieve academic and athletic success.